Skip to main content
Support is Online
We're back! We are here to assist you. Please be patient, we will respond to your tickets shortly.
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Monday, 05 August 2019
  3 Replies
  4.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
[using Windows 10 Pro 1809 - Office 2019]

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating Kutools and so far, it works as expected. However, I have a problem with the extension sometimes not loading. I think I know the reason why but I can't fix this myself.

When I open a new Windows session, I have 2 programs running upon startup : Outlook Google Calendar Sync (OGCS) and Go Contact Sync Mod. Both programs access Outlook via OLE Automation when launched. So the outlook.exe process is possibly already running hidden (main window not visible) before I launch Outlook myself. In that case, when I launch Outlook, there's no splash screen displayed (process already running) and the main window appears immediately. But the Kutools extension is not loaded. If I quit Outlook and re-launch it, the Kutools extension is loaded.

If I disable the launch of OGCS and Go Contact Sync Mod upon startup, there's no problem, even if I launch them after I launched Outlook myself. Actually, it seems that the problem is with OGCS (which appears to do more complex things with Outlook's automation engine).

I have tried to launch OGCS with a delay and there's no problem if I launch Outlook before the delay expires. But this will not always be the case. So, this is a temporary workaround. Obviously, Kutools and OGCS are competing for some Outlook resource.

Any idea about this strange behavior ?

Thanks.
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Sorry for the duplicate post. I thought that the first one had been lost. I was not aware that it would take so much time for the post to be published. This will not make discussions very easy.
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
I can now describe this issue more simply and more accurately.

If the outlook.exe process is launched by an external application as an OLE Automation server (the Outlook main window being therefore hidden), the Kutools extension is not loaded. In this state, if the user launches Outlook (the process being already running), the Outlook main window appears immediately (no splash screen) and the Kutools are not visible in the ribbon (because the extension was not loaded).

If Outlook is launched by the user before any other OLE Automation client has made any attempt to access Outlook as a server, there's no problem.

I just noticed that the Add-ins tab of Outlook is affected the same way.
4 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Thanks for your feedback.
We will try to fix it in the upcoming versions soon. :)
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.